- 4 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 1/2 c. dark rum
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 2 tbs. coconut aminos (or 1 tbs. soy sauce, if not soy-free)
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 inch ginger, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
You won’t believe how easy this spectacular chicken is!
- Add all ingredients to a gallon sized ziplock bag. Shake well to combine and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
- After marinating, add the contents of the bag- sauce and chicken- to a large cast iron skillet. The chicken should be skin-side up.
- Turn the burner to medium (and leave it there the whole time), and let the contents of the pan bubble away. Cook the chicken and sauce for 40 minutes, turning the chicken with tongs every 10 minutes. As it cooks that liquid will cook into a fabulous chicken glaze!
- After 40 minutes, when the chicken is fully cooked and coated in the sauce, remove to a plate and let rest for ten minutes.
- Serve with Caribbean Sticky Rice for an amazing meal!